Thursday, August 20, 2009

What we've been up to:

Dave was "released" on Tuesday and we (I) have been super busy ever since. For those of you who had not seen Dave's collection of backpacks and quilts, you don't know how much I had to carry, it took a few trips in the days before he was released and then 2 trips on Tuesday. So far I have unpacked everything and caught up on all the laundry. I am still working on organizing the room. We moved into a suite ( which is a little bit larger and has a small kitchenette) over the weekend, so I am still trying to figure out where my stuff is too.

Today at OT Dave got into the back of the Land Rover and scooted into the back seat. We put 2 seats down and left the one up so he can sit and have his leg stretched out. He has to go in from the very back, its kinda funny....but now we will be able to drive to the baseball game on Sunday, yes we got more Presidents Club seats and a parking tag, so we dont have to stuff Dave into the back of a taxi!



Here are some pictures of our new room and Dave's leg:
Yes that is Dave doing his thing......sleeping!



6 comments:

Lamp Tramp said...

Glad the move is over and done! I know it was difficult. You ready for us to come back next month for the Wounded EOD golf tournament? I hope, I hope?!?

xoxo!

Milk & Cookie Party said...

I bet your husband is thrilled to be out of the hospital and finding normal again. Congrats to you both!

Ann

Mommy Pastrami said...

You guys are awesome!! I bet you are so glad to be living a more normal life.

Jamie Flowers said...

Like the new room! :)

CI-Roller Dude said...

And I hate moving....

Unknown said...

So happy to hear the two of you have a place of your own!
My prayers continue for continued strength and healing!
~AM