Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday ICU update

David did well last night in the ICU, his new nurse was great. My mom got there around 5:45 this morning and called to tell me the Dr.s would be by in 5 min, so I showered and left as quick as I could. Of course I get there and no Dr.'s. We talked to a few but not the important one who will help us decide what to do next with the Leg. I have been telling every single Dr. or nurse who will listen what happened yesterday. I'm pretty sure people will be fired.

It looks like we may be moving back to 57 this afternoon since there is no reason to keep him in ICU now. He is doing good, a little discouraged about the flap not working, he really does not want to be a double amputee, so we are going to explore EVERY option before making that decision.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of all of you. I know you guys have a tough road ahead and I hope the blogging gives you a way to process everything. I hope you feel free to write whatever you need and use it as a way to cope with the whole process. You, David and both of your families are in my prayers. You're a great wife and partner!

Sandra said...

Good for you for reporting the incompetence. I comment regularly on your mom's blog. I am so glad that you are blogging this journey. I hope we can be of some help to you and your husband. You will be in my prayers every day! xoxo

WSU Laura said...

I am coming from your mom's blog. First I just wanted to thank your husband for protecting us and you for supporting him. I hope that this blog will give you some peace and strength. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.