Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Giving Back

Awhile back I mentioned that Dave has had tremendous sucess gaining his balance using the Nintendo Wii Fit. We have been talking about how we can do something to give back and have decided to start a charity called Wii's for Warriors. It would help the soldiers who are having issues with balance (amputees or TBI) and give them an opportunity to do Physical Therapy in their own home or hotel room. We are just in the beginning stages of planning this out, I am writing up a plan right now. We are also going to get the info off the Wii Dave uses that proves its success along with letters from Docs and therapists. We are hoping that Nintendo will be willing to give us the Wii's at cost to them and the rest would be funded thru private donations and a fund we are starting ourselves.

If anyone out there has any info on starting something like this up, please let me know!

7 comments:

Lamp Tramp said...

This is so wonderful. You can count on me to donate when you get things set up.
XOXO!

Bobbie said...

I think this is a great idea.
You can count on me to donate when things get going.

Anonymous said...

I've been following your story for the last few months because I do a lot of work at wramc. I am a proficent grant writer and do a lot of social innovation work. I would love to help. Please email me at svigasl3 at gmail dot com if you'd like any help.

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Lots of grants and get an accountant that has not-for-profit experience on the early side. Great idea!!!

Tika said...

I'm one of the letter writers with SoldiersAngels.org. First, thank you for the blog and all you both do for us.
You might contact Patti who began the above organization. She may have helpful tips, hints, etc. SA might even be able to help :)
Great idea by the way!!

Princess Freckles said...

What a cool idea! I'm sorry I don't have any advice, but will certainly like to support you in this when its all up and running!

Long-time RN said...

What a wonderful idea! Keep us posted, please.